Thank you for participating in the Velvet Green Music ‘Artist Series’ program.
Part of our efforts to place your tracks includes producing short (~90 seconds) promotional videos as part of our larger social media campaign.
For submitting artists, we have created a five (5) step process to aid in the creation of this content.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any issues.
STEP 1 – GENERATE YOUR SCRIPT
The button below will take you to a VGM form which will guide you through the process of generating your script for your ‘Artist Series’ video.
STEP 2 – FILM YOUR INTERVIEW VIDEO
You DO NOT need professional video equipment to accomplish this task. Phone cameras will work just fine.
Below are some helpful suggestions compiled by VGM artists to assist in the filming of your ‘Artist Series’ video.
Know What You Want To Say
The form above will help you develop the content for your video. Please do not read straight from the form when filming. We want you to connect with your audience. Look towards the camera, be yourself and be confident in what you have to say. Your voice matters
Shooting Technical Requirements
- Use your phone’s main camera
- Please shoot your videos horizontally
- Please shoot at least 1080p HD at 30fps minimum if possible.
- Be mindful of room noise (echoes, reflections, excessive body movement, busy streets and pets)
- Use light (both natural/artificial) to your advantage. You will likely find that having your filming space lit slightly brighter than normal results in more optimal picture quality.
- Please monitor the audio level of your voice throughout the filming. As we are the business of professional audio, we expect to be able to hear you clearly on camera without distortion.
- Be yourself and have fun! This is your chance to share your voice with the world. Be honest, be open and be present.
Click the button below for some additional helpful advice on shooting video.
STEP 3 – FILM YOUR B-ROLL
B-Roll is the alternative (or cutaway) footage used to help tell a visual story.
Click the button below for further explanation on B-Roll.
Essentially, we’d like some alternative video footage of you in your normal habitat…working at your rig, writing music, walking in the forest, spelunking in an underwater cave, whatever you do best.
STEP 4 – EDIT YOUR VIDEOS
Using any available video editor, please edit your recorded video files into two (2) ‘Artist Series’ QuickTime (.mov) videos labelled with the following naming convention:
Click on button below for further advice on editing video
STEP 5 – UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS
Click on the button below to upload your two ‘Artist Series’ Quicktime (.mov) video files.
All content, written and video are subject to editing at the discretion of Velvet Green Music. Velvet Green Music reserves the right to publish all, part of, or none of the content generated within.